As the biggest pickleball club in NSW we aspire to also be the best.
As a result, the club is now having more structured coaching initiatives with club member Ian ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson (PCI Certified Pickleball Coach) and founder of Pickleball Coaching Australia now becoming NBPA’s ‘Coaching Partner’ as Silver Sponsor of the club.
New Coaching Initiatives Include:
- Coaching Blitz Weeks: Free for members on a first-in, first-served basis during our quarterly club coaching blitz weeks. These include a series of 2-hour clinics such as ‘Getting to 3.0 Clinic’ and ‘3rd Shot Drop Clinic’.
- Fast Track to 3.0: Group coaching program (max 8 participants), run over a series of weeks. These are paid fundraiser programs for CPRfriendly.org with a special 20% discount for NBPA members.
- Drilling Your Way to 4.0: Group coaching series (max 8 participants), run over a number of weeks. These are paid fundraiser programs for CPRfriendly.org with a special 20% discount for NBPA members.
- Private Pickleball Coaching: Usually at Avalon outdoor courts for 1-4 players (private or semi-private format) with the opportunity to focus on all areas of your game including:
- Tactical and technical pickleball
- Smarter shot selection & decision-making options
- The soft-touch game (dinks, 3rd shots & resets)
- Owning the non-volley zone (NVL)
- Training programs and specific drilling routines
- Putting it all together with game analysis & reviews
5. Introduction to Pickleball: To help newbies who have never played pickleball get a feel for it and learn the rules. Available at Avalon outdoor courts, usually monthly and on a more casual basis at PCYC Dee Why.
Register Your Interest In Pickleball Coaching
For more coaching information go to Pickleball Coaching Australia and to get early bird notification on coaching opportunities and NBPA discounts, please register your interest today, or keep a lookout for announcements in our club’s newsletter, emails and/or MeetUp sessions.
Life-Saving Club Member Discounts
All NBPA club members are eligible for a 20% discount on all of Hutch’s group pickleball coaching programs with all profits going to his cause CPRfriendly.org. At registration, just use our special club coupon code NBPA20.
Ad Hoc Recreational Coaching
Other than the above more structured coaching opportunities, all our club coaches are happy to share what they have learnt, so just make yourself known to them if you are keen for any insights or tips during general social play. Our current coaches include John Fuller, Rona Richmond, Ian ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson, Ian Lanser, Donna Jay, Michael Robinson and Barry Tompkins.
We hope these new pickleball coaching initiatives will help improve your game and allow you to enjoy the game even more.