What are the Northern Beaches Pickleball Association Inc. (NBPA) Membership Benefits?
Membership benefits include:
- You will be insured against all loss which you become legally liable to pay as compensation in respect of personal injury and property damage that arise out of you playing the game of Pickleball at any venue in Australia PROVIDED THAT the venue is approved by our Club or a State Pickleball Association or the National Pickleball Association.
- You will be insured for Personal Accident Insurance. This is limited insurance which covers a capital payment to a member, where a member suffers a serious injury such as the partial or total loss of sight of an eye. It also provides, amongst other benefits, for a weekly payment of $250 for loss of income, a weekly payment of $250 for home help and up to $1500 for non- recoverable medical expenses. Full details of this policy and its benefits are available on request by a member.
- Being part of the social fabric of a club
- Priority in playing at pickleball venues
- Use of club equipment
- Discount on equipment supplied by PB Sports
- Support of player development through organising tournaments and clinics
- The opportunity to represent our Club in a pickleball competition
- Connection with pickleball enthusiasts of all skill levels
- Being entitled to vote at the AGM and have your say as to the future direction of the Club
- Being connected to the wider pickleball community in Australia when affiliation occurs with the State and National Bodies
- The opportunity to be involved in the development of a new sport in Australia
What is the annual membership fee?
There are five categories of members:
|Student Member (student under 25 years)||$20|
|*Special circumstance member||$10|
|Temporary Member (3 months)||$20|
*If you are experiencing hardship in any way, please do not hesitate to talk to a committee member about your membership application fee.
Under our Constitution your application must be considered by our committee and accordingly, you will be notified within a few days whether your application for membership has been approved. Upon approval, you will be asked to pay the appropriate membership.
Please note that our financial year is from 1 July to 30 June. Membership fees will be calculated on a quarterly pro rata basis.
What does the fee cover?
We are a not-for-profit Club and as such our membership fee is designed to cover the cost of insurance, equipment, advertising costs and an affiliation fee to be paid to PANSW.
NBPA aims to:
- represent NBPA pickleballers in discussions and negotiations with Council and specific venues
- increase the number of indoor and outdoor venues and play opportunities
- advocate with Council for dedicated outdoor courts
- support player development through organising tournaments and clinics
- Encourage social connection among players