Why Join Meetup?
Our pickleball sessions are becoming so popular that we are having to restrict player numbers and Meetup is the best tool to manage this.
If you turn up without having RSVP’d to a session through Meetup or at least contacted us to see if there is a spot available for you, you may or may not get a game. Preference will be given to those who have booked a spot.
How to Join
(We highly recommend that you use a computer rather than a phone to sign up)
- Go to https://www.meetup.com/Northern-Beaches-Pickleball-Sydney/ and click on the red button “Request to join”.
- Click on “Sign up with email”.
- Enter your details and then click on the verification link in the email which Meetup sends you.
- A screen titled “Joining Northern Beaches Pickleball Association (Sydney)” appears. Click on the red button “Upload a photo”. If you do not wish to upload a photo of yourself for privacy reasons, you may upload any photo eg. cat, flower etc., BUT we would prefer a photo of you so that we can recognise you on arrival. Click on “Use this photo”.
- Answer 3 simple questions and then you’ll see a screen which says “Thanks, you’ll hear from the organizer soon”.
- You will receive an email to say that your membership has been approved.
- Make sure that you are logged in before trying to book into a session and please always remember to change your RSVP to “Not going” if you are unable to attend after all.
Change your notification settings
It is best to change your notification settings to avoid being inundated with unnecessary emails from Meetup.
- Sign into our NBPA Meetup site and click on your little profile photo in the top right hand corner.
- Click on “Settings” and then on “Email Updates”. You can turn off all these options if you like.
- Now, underneath “Updates about your groups”, click on “Edit”. You may turn all these off EXCEPT FOR: Changes to event time or location, New Event Announcements, Event reminders, Event updates from organizers, Announcement to members about the group and Mailing list messages.