Why Join Meetup?
Our pickleball sessions are becoming so popular that we are having to restrict player numbers and Meetup is the best tool to manage this.
If you turn up without having RSVP’d to a session through Meetup or at least contacted us to see if there is a spot available for you, you may or may not get a game. Preference will be given to those who have booked a spot.
How to Join
(We highly recommend that you use a computer rather than a phone to sign up)
- Go to https://www.meetup.com/Northern-Beaches-Pickleball-Sydney/ and click on the red button “Request to join”.
- Click on “Sign up with email”.
- Enter your details and then click on the verification link in the email which Meetup sends you.
- A screen titled “Joining Northern Beaches Pickleball Association (Sydney)” appears. Click on the red button “Upload a photo”. If you do not wish to upload a photo of yourself for privacy reasons, you may upload any photo eg. cat, flower etc., BUT we would prefer a photo of you so that we can recognise you on arrival. Click on “Use this photo”.
- Answer 3 simple questions and then you’ll see a screen which says “Thanks, you’ll hear from the organizer soon”.
- You will receive an email to say that your membership has been approved.
- Make sure that you are logged in before trying to book into a session and please always remember to change your RSVP to “Not going” if you are unable to attend after all.
Change your notification settings
It is best to change your notification settings to avoid being inundated with unnecessary emails from Meetup.
- Sign into our NBPA Meetup site and click on your little profile photo in the top right hand corner.
- Click on “Settings” and then on “Email Updates”. You can turn off all these options if you like.
- Now, underneath “Updates about your groups”, click on “Edit”. You may turn all these off EXCEPT FOR: Changes to event time or location, New Event Announcements, Event reminders, Event updates from organizers, Announcement to members about the group and Mailing list messages.
If you have put your name on a wait list for an event, it is very important that you remove yourself from it AS SOON AS you have planned something else and can no longer attend. If you leave your name on a wait list, you must be in a position to attend the event even if a vacancy becomes available at short notice.
Scenario: You are wait listed for a Sunday morning session at Dee Why. A spot becomes available at the last minute on Sunday morning, because someone has woken up with a hangover. By the time you realise that you are now on the “Going” list, you decide that it isn’t possible to get there on time and you go back to bed. This isn’t fair on the next person on the wait list who may be in a position to attend, but missed out because you hadn’t taken your name off the wait list the night before. This happens regularly!
Please remove your name from a wait list as soon as you decide that you are no longer able to attend.
FYI, it isn’t possible to have wait lists for Meetups which require an upfront Paypal payment such as at Avalon and Beacon Hill. It’s up to you to keep your eye on the event to see if a spot has become available.