Never played pickleball before? Our “Building Pickleball Skills” sessions at Curl Curl Youth & Community Centre and Beacon Hill Memorial Hall are designed for you. Learn to play pickleball in a friendly and relaxed environment. “Building Pickleball Skills” sessions are held:
- Curl Curl: Wednesday and Friday at 9 – 11 am
- Curl Curl: Sunday at 10 am – 12 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm
- Beacon Hill: Thursday 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
These times might change. Always check Meetup for latest details.
Our trainers help you with the basics of pickleball:
- How to play
Wear comfortable clothing and non-marking tennis or indoor sports shoes. Bring a pickleball paddle if you have one, water and a sense of fun. If you don’t have a paddle, there will be spare paddles available.
What are the steps to join in the fun?
- Start by joining the Northern Beaches Pickleball Association Meetup Group. (See notes below). This will make you a member of our Meetup group, but does not yet make you a member of Northern Beaches Pickleball Association.
- Using Meetup, book into any of our “Building Pickleball Skills” sessions.
- Attend one training session.
- If you like the game, you then join Northern Beaches Pickleball Association. The trainer will give you instructions.
- You can continue training with “Building Pickleball Skills” until you are ready to join in the many general sessions available.
How to join Meetup.
Joining Meetup is best done on a computer at first. Once you’re all set up, you can download their App and run it from your phone. How to join our Meetup group:
- Click on this link https://www.meetup.com/Northern-Beaches-Pickleball-Sydney/
- Click on “Request to Join”.
- Complete the details.
You will soon receive notification that you have successfully joined the Meetup group, and you can then book into any of the “Building Pickleball Skills” sessions at Curl Curl.