We invite you to register for a unisex Doubles Round Robin competition which we are trialing for NBPA members with a rating of 3.0 or higher. If it is successful and there is enough interest from lower graded players, we will run a similar competition for them.
It’s designed to be played whenever it suits you and your opponents. This caters for those people who work full time and consequently have limited time on their hands to play pickleball during working hours.
If you wish, you may choose your own partner. This gives those who anticipate playing in external competitions such as the Australian Open the opportunity to get plenty of practice playing together. However, you can choose to register individually and we will match you with someone.
How will the rounds be played?
- The draw will be on our website under “Play – Round Robin”.
- Each round is to be played within a 3 week period.
- You may play anywhere, anytime as long as the venue and time are agreed upon by both teams. The Avalon outdoor venue is available almost anytime.
- One court per indoor pickleball session (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Sundays) may be booked for a Round Robin match as long as the host has been notified in advance and there are at least 4 spots available. When the match is over, the court is to be shared by all players in the session.
- Each match will be the “best of 5 games” i.e. first to 3 games (3-0, 3-1 or 3-2). Each game is first to 11 points. If the score is 10-10, then play continues until one team is 2 points ahead eg. 12-10, 13-11, 14-12 etc.
Match scores and standings
- Each team of 2 will select a captain. The captains of both teams must print copies of the score sheets and bring one along to each match. Both score sheets should be completed and signed by both captains. Both captains are to keep their hard copy in a safe place in case of any controversy.
- The captain of the winning team is to enter the match results on our website as soon as practicable after the completion of a match.
- The organiser will post an updated spreadsheet on our website which shows the current standings of all competing teams.
- At the end of all the rounds, the top 4 teams (most matches won and in the event of a tie, most games won) will qualify to play in the semi-finals.
How to enter
- Send an email to email@example.com with your partner’s name or ask that we try to find one for you. Alternatively, if you do not want to commit to playing all the rounds, you can ask to be placed on the list of reserves.
- Entries close at 6pm on Sunday 13 March 2022.
- You have 3 weeks in which to play each round, but if both teams agree, you may play the rounds in any order.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning to be away for any length of time within the next few months, it’s best not to enter.
- If you are unable to play your match within the 3 week timeframe, you will be permitted to ask someone to fill in for you. This reserve must be of an equal or lower skill level to you. The current member skill levels can be found here: https://northernbeachespickleball.org.au/list-of-members/. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t know the password.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!